The Napthine Government is committed to improving services and infrastructure in rural and regional Victoria.
It is essential that we use this funding to enable regional Victoria to improve services, facilities and infrastructure, so that regional communities are best placed to accommodate future population growth.
Investing in roads and rail
- Regional Rail Link – $4.1 billion to build dedicated regional tracks from West Werribee to Southern Cross Station, removing major bottlenecks in Victoria’s rail network.
- Cranbourne-Pakenham Rail Corridor Project – This $2 – $2.5 billion project will deliver benefits for V/Line Gippsland commuters for a more reliable journey through metropolitan areas.
- Murray Basin Rail Project – $180-$220 million to upgrade and standardise country rail freight lines in Western Victoria.
- More than $730 million in total to maintain restore and improve Victoria’s regional road network.
- Great Ocean Road Upgrade – $50 million to enhance the roads and bridges from Torquay to Allensford.
- Princes Highway West duplication – $362 million to duplicate 37 kilometres between Winchelsea and Colac.
- $86 million to fix the interchange on the Calder Hwy at Ravenswood.
Upgrading Schools and hospitals
- Latrobe Regional Hospital – $73 million redevelopment.
- Barwon Health – North facility – $28 million to provide an urgent care centre and co-location of GP services.
- Boort Hospital – $14 million for redevelopment, including a new 32 bed facility.
- New Regional schools – $210 million statewide to build new schools. including North Geelong Special Developmental School and Torquay North P-6 and relocating the existing Bannockburn Primary School.
- Ballarat High School – $7.8 million upgrade.
- Eaglehawk Primary School – $1.6 million upgrade.
- Yarrawonga College – $7.6 million upgrade.
- Wodonga West Primary School – $3.8 million upgrade.
Improving Community Safety
- Echuca Police Station – $14 million replacement
- $8 million for a new police station and new emergency services precinct at Ballarat West.
- $73 million for the Shepparton courts precinct development.
- $29 million for 78 vehicles for CFA brigades across Victoria.
- $13 million for Tasers for all 24-hour regional police stations.
- $30 million for a Ballarat West Employment Zone.
- Bendigo Aquatic Centre – $15 million contribution for a new pool facility.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme trail in Barwon area, and NDIS national headquarters in Geelong.
- $24 million for Bushfire and Hazelwood Mine Fire Recovery Package.
- $9 million to provide support for regional councils to assess
- infrastructure demand, develop business cases and manage projects.